Books, Movies, Music, Everything
- eBay – anything you’ve ever wanted… even PeeWee Herman dolls.
- iTunes – $0.99 songs, $9.99 albums, audiobooks, videos, and more.
- Barnes & Noble – books, music, videos, and other goodies.
- Netflix – great library, great rates, no late fees.
- Half.com – books, movies, music, and more
- Valore Books – specializing in textbooks (buying and selling)
- E-Loan – great rates on Mortgage, Home Equity, and Car Loans. Also, a fantastic APY of 5.5% on savings accounts ($5000, minimum), which is the highest in the industry (as of Dec 2006). I only get some lurve if you get a loan from them, but if surety and liquidity are important to you financially, you really can’t beat stowing some money in an E-Loan savings account.
- PayPal Merchant Services – useful for most everything if you are conducting any type of business on the internet. Necessary for eBay users. I only get lurve for their Merchant Services stuff, but their checking account is currently giving 5.03% APY.
Misc. High-End Consumer Goods
Electronics and Computer Hardware
- Newegg.com – they are so good, they must be Satan. I think I’ve dropped more than five figures with newegg.
- Apple – shop for some great hardware and software at good prices, including the iPod (nano, shuffle, inspi(red)), a MacBook, and tons of other goodies.
- GoGamer – great prices on games, DVDs, and accessories
- TigerDirect – great prices, large inventory
- FTD.com. Flowers. Flowers!!!!
- Wine.com – Wine!
- Tradesports prediction market. Useful for tracking the CW on any number of subjects.
- Musician’s Friend – all the big name gear at good prices
- SunRocket – great reviews, great price (under $20/month)
- Packet8 – VOIP, with unlimited calling and long distance for $19.99/month
Office Supplies and the Like
- Gate.com – Professional, fast web hosting + $1 domain names
- Hostmonster – Web Hosting, unlimited domains for $4.95
- Sedo – most traffic, best auctions
- iMonetize – automated parking optimization of your domains, even for holders of only a small number of domains.
- Dotzup – .com’s only, 60% of revenue share, stringent IP and non-adult guidelines.